If your card has been lost or stolen, or if you believe a fraudulent transaction has occurred, please take one of the following steps:
- Call VISA Global Customer Assistance Services toll-free within the United States at 1-800-847-2911.
- If traveling outside the United States click here for a full listing of VISA Global Customer Assistance Toll Free Numbers.
- Access Online Banking and select “Options”, ATM/Debit Card Tab. Click the check box next to the appropriate card to flag it as lost or stolen, submit.
- Access the A2SB Mobile App, go to Preference>Manage Cards. Select the card and choose either “Suspend Card” or “Report Lost or Stolen”. If you have just misplaced your card and think you will find it – select Suspend Card, then when found the card maybe activated by calling Customer Service (734)761-1475.
Falcon is a system we use to help protect your Debit Cards from fraud. With Falcon, your card activity is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to alert you of possible fraudulent activity.
We may be calling you (Falcon Fraud Center Phone Number: 1-800-417-4592)
You will receive an automatic notification to verify the authenticity of your card transactions, if warranted. If there are transactions that are deemed suspicious or “out of the ordinary”, based on your past history, Falcon will contact you by an automated telephone, automated email or automated text to verify the authenticity of the transaction(s). If you do not respond and the activity is considered high risk, your card will be temporarily blocked until the transactions are verified. To respond to a call, please contact the Falcon Prevention Services as instructed in the voice mail.
Reasons your Ann Arbor State Bank Visa ® Debit Card could become disabled:
- If you confirm the transactions in question are NOT legitimate.
- If the transactions in question surpass a Falcon risk scoring threshold (each transaction is scored on the degree of probability that it is fraudulent).
- If you did not respond to our attempts to reach you.
Note: If you will be using your debit card while traveling, please contact us to let us know the dates and destination, so that we can provide this information to Fraud Prevention Services in order to prevent your card from being blocked due to “out of the ordinary transactions.” We strongly encourage you to verify your contact information with us to ensure that you are able to be reached in the event of suspected fraudulent activity. Please contact customer service at 734-761-1475 to update your contact information, if needed.